Friday, November 19, 2010

Food 122: Harry Potter Month (Butterbeer)


Today it's time to cover an infamous Harry Potter drink. Butterbeer. It seriously is one of the best drinks I have ever had. It warms your insides and makes you feel magical for a moment. It really brings you into the world of Harry Potter. Hopefully everyone can enjoy it this weekend (well, the Harry Potter fans that is). Even if you didn't read the books though, I'm sure you'll enjoy this drink!

Prep Time: 5 minutes.
Makes: 2 cups
Cook Time: 3 minutes.

Ingredients:
1) 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
2) 1/4 cup butterscotch topping
3) 2 tablespoons whipped butter, room temperature
4) 1 1/2 cups vanilla cream soda



Directions:
1) Combine condensed milk, butterscotch topping, and butter in a glass heatproof measuring cup.
2) Heat in microwave for 1 minute.
3) Remove and stir until butter has melted and incorporated into mixture.
4) Meanwhile heat cream soda in another heatproof measuring cup for 1 minute 30 seconds.
5) Divide butterscotch mixture between 2 (10 to 12-ounce) mugs.
6) Fill mugs with heated cream soda and stir thoroughly.
7) Serve garnished with an old-fashioned butterscotch candy stick if desired.

Hope you enjoy and happy Harry Potter week!

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I love Harry Potter so I'm sure I'll make this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, I was looking for Harry Potter recipes and stumbled upon this site. It's rather amazing if I do say so myself!

    ReplyDelete