Last month was treats for the month of October and that went pretty well if I do say so myself. Traditionally you'd do Thanksgiving treatsin November, but the nerd I am had a better idea. This month the first part of the final Harry Potter film comes out and what better way to countdown than to post a popular Potter recipe each week? Awesome right? Seeing that I was in a Harry Potter club a few years back and got to try all the great recipes (Butterbeer anyone?) I like to think I am a little bit experienced in these recipes. Even if you are not a fan of the books you will love these recipes!
*Before we start there are many variations of these recipes online but I picked the ones I've either tried or that looked the yummiest. Up this week are Cauldron Cakes, which can be changed to be chocolate. The vanilla one is better though if I do say so myself.
Overall time: 35 minutes. (10 to prep and 35 to bake).
Serves: 21 small cakes
1. 1 1/2 cups of flour
2. 3 /12 teaspoons of baking powder
3. 1 teaspoon of salt
4. 1/2 cup of softened butter or 1/2 cup of softened margarine
5. 1 cup of milk
6. 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
7. 3 eggs
8. 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
9. 1/8 teaspoon of ginger
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix eggs, sugar, butter/margarine, cinnamon, ginger, and vanilla in a mixing bowl (large) on whip for about 2 minutes.
3. Mix the other solid ingredients and milk gradually in the large mixing bowl.
4. Put batter in muffin tins (not too high, these are supposed to look flat). bake for 25 minutes.
5. You can decorate with sprinkles, powder, or frosting after if you please. These cakes go well with honey too.
Any requests or comments? If you tried this recipe did you like it? I love to hear your feedback!