Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Music 132: Best Coast


Really who can resist this band? If i had to describe them they'd be a fun beachy band that everyone can enjoy. I have to say they aren't the most intellectual band but nonetheless you will walk around humming their songs in joy.


Best Coast consists of Bethany Cosentino, Bobb Bruno, and Ali Koehler. They formed in Los Angeles in 2009. They are currently signed to Mexican Summer records and have their debut album Crazy For You is out now. I first found them in an Urban Outfitters mix tape and had to write about them. Best Coast has been on many top albums of 2010 lists and I feel like they deserve recognition on this site immediately.


I think the great thing about Best Coast is that they aren't trying to be smart, their lyrics are simple and sweet while their music matches it perfectly. It might take some growing on to but they aren't supposed to be your favorite band, they're just there on your Ipod for a good time. I'll be honest, I'm not head over heels in love with their music but they do have talent and I'm sure someone on here will like them. Best Coast has a way of getting into your head and trust me, you won't mind one bit.


Their Best Songs:


1) Boyfriend



2) Crazy For You



3) When I'm With You



I highly suggest you pick up this band's album. I do not have all the songs yet but if I were to go to a store and see it on the stand, I would buy it without hesitation. It is truly a gem of a cd that will capture your heart in a second, and let's be honest, this album will melt your winter blues away with it's sweet summer like tunes. I love finding good music (as most people do) and Best Coast is 100% a great find!


Hope you enjoy!


You can visit Best Coast at their blog.

4 comments:

  1. There is just a certain nerd quirkiness about them that you can relate too. The lead singer makes me think she should be on My Life As Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has such a summer like feel to it! If they ever have a show this summer I know I'd see it :-)

    ReplyDelete