If there has been one treat I have loved to make lately, it has been the scrumptious dessert of Lemon Bars. Lemon Bars are great for any time of day and are surprisingly very fun to make. So gather up some friends and make plans to make this great recipe!
Cook Time Total: 1 hour
45 Minutes (for cooking)
15 minutes (for preparing)
Makes: up to 16 bars
Ingredients for Filling:
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Ingredients for Crust:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, add a little more for dusting
- Pinch of salt
- 2 sticks butter, (at room temperature), add more for greasing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 9 by 13 by 2-inch pan.
- Make the crust by combining the flour, confectioners' sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Cut in the butter to make a crumbly mixture.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan. You may need to dip your fingers into a little flour or confectioners' sugar to keep the dough from sticking to your fingers.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the filling, mix the eggs, granulated sugar, flour, and lemon juice.
- Pour this over the baked crust and bake for 25 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired, when the bars are done.
Hope you get a chance to enjoy this delicious treat! Enjoy.
Recipe courtesy of Food Network.